Translate

Friday, January 28, 2011

refinishing lamps

I have been busy redoing some lamps for our place in Florida.We had these ugly lamps given to us and I really did not know what I was going to do with them so I found a tutorial on redoing lamp shades and I managed to do a nice job I think.here is the tutorial for it This is my first attempt at lamps.
She has a nice website so check her out it was really helpful I tried a little different technique on the panels .Instead of gluing I used steam-a-seam 2 on the edges after I pressed the edges under. I then took my little clover iron and pressed the panel onto the bias wrapped form of the lamp so I took pictures and am posting them here. I want to put some fringe on if I can find some I like or some decorative ribbon or braid on the seams.
I also have some chairs I am redoing .I got some new fabric for the upholstery part and my husband is going to spray paint them white when we come back in the fall. I have had 3 different prints and I just didn't like the one I picked out and one I did not have enough fabric of the palm print. I think this fabric is going to be a lot better.

1 comment:

The Painted Garden said...

Hi Debbie,

So nice to meet you. Thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments. I can't wait to see you finished lamp - looks like you have a great start.
Have a lovely day.
Blessings,
Erin