Translate

Friday, May 24, 2013

Brenda Papadakis of Dear Jane Quilt ,Linda Franz, Quiet book "paper dolls "


Hi everyone,
Today is  a sad time for Brenda Papadakis as her husband passed away this week. She is such a dear gal. You that know her know what she has given us a treasure of "THE QUILT" known as "Dear Jane". She also has the quilt pattern book known as Dear Hannah.  Her work and research has brought so much happiness and led to masses of friendships, gatherings and such creativity for the quilt world .We owe so much to her. Please remember her in your prayers this week and if you know her send her a card. I have had the chance to meet her several times and hear her speak. I also have had the opportunity to be a part of the Dear Jane retreat with her there in Shipshewana ,Indiana  she is so much fun and has so much talent also.  I had the honor of sitting with her at the Dear Jane retreat week in 2009 maybe ? I have 25 blocks done out of 225  Quilt .I have quite ways to go for sure .....I'm doing my Dear Jane Quilt in Batiks.
 God bless  you Brenda !!!! .Our prayers and love are with you !!!!!
 
 At that retreat several years ago maybe 2006 was Linda Franz. I was next to her when she got a call that her  product "Inklingo" was approved for publication.That is a moment to remember when a artist has her work approved for publication. In case you haven't heard of that she has a computer program that allows you to print on the back of fabric run through the printer. Then you can hand piece your fabric after cutting it out already printed on the fabric for you so cool.It makes such a precise project because of that.you have hexies, diamonds etc.  she has several programs now to use this way it's pretty neat so check it out. She also has Quilted Diamonds 1 & 2. and others.... Really cool publications.  You can just Google" Inklingo "and go to her site.
 
Here are the little fabric dolls.One is stuffed to play with
The front of the quiet book
 I am still working on my Quiet book for my niece...... Krystyn ..........here are a few pics till I get it done to show you the finish

No comments: