Translate

Monday, December 2, 2013

Bonnie Hunters new Mystery quilt

I am getting ready to start Celtic Solstice, Bonnie Hunters new Mystery Quilt. The theme is the Irish flag colors Orange,Yellow, Green and Blue.I have collected shirts for 1.00 a piece at our local Hope Hospice Thrift store.I just happened in there on the day all clothing was 1.00 !!!! I got about 15 shirts for 15.00. All were in great shape .A couple Batik shirts and lots of light colored for shirting materials.  I found some Columbia shirts also Geesh I hate to cut up the shirts but I hate to pay between 9- 12 for higher end fabric all the time so here goes Cut, cut. I found some blue and orange colored shirts.  I found a couple Navy shirts from my shirt stash to use. These fabrics are great I bought some yellow fabric and some green. I bought a T-recs  ruler set to use now. I may later buy the . software. I met Linda  Frantz when she was at the Dear Jane retreat in Shipshewanna In. 
In Indiana we call it Shipshe !!! She was waiting to hear about her first publication of her program.So I bought her first program and it is a great idea. the company Inklingo.com  I will probably buy it later, as it is on sale for 20.00 till Jan 3rd for this quilt so take advantage of the reduced price while you can .......You can do so much with her programs so try one!! You print the pattern on the back of the fabric you just iron it on freezer paper very cool idea. I have used it and people who do paper piecing its great for that also or for English paper piecing for hexies also.
Shirts I bought I bought quite a few 1.00!! a few are my Husbands( Gene ) he didn't want any more look at that cheddar !!

I'm so excited always when Bonnie starts a new mystery, book, etc. She is just the best .If you ever get a chance to do a retreat with her for a day week what ever do it.You wont be disappointed .Bonnie is so much fun, down to earth, like one of the family and such a relaxed atmosphere in her classes. I love You BONNIE. You're just the greatest.!!!!!! This is her new Celtic Solstice  Mystery   Quilt.!!!!http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/celtic-solstice-mystery.html
Nice bright colors to the left are shirts, the right pile is fabrics
Here are the fabrics I bought at garage sales and some from my stash. The flower power greens I already had so I'm going to use it this quilt for some punch.
 

4 comments:

The Kitchen Quilter said...

wow I love the idea of using shirts for this! I have made one quilt from thrift store shirts and it was great how much fabric you get from one. Can't wait to see this as you go on :)

Andee said...

I haven't bought a bunch of shirts in awhile..you make me want to go looking for cheddar! Loving the mystery!

Barbara said...

I like what you call power greens. They will certainly add punch. I haven't tried Inklingo but, perhaps, next year after I retire and have more time. I've never had a class with Bonnie but am looking forward to when she comes to my guild. But, that's not until 2015!

Barbara in MD
www.stashoverflow.wordpress.com

Judy said...

Neat colors Debby!