Translate

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Edyta Sitar Elegant Garden group blocks & Purse lovers site

If you are into making bags this is the site for you !!!! so so many purses to choose from and so cute.I love making purses and totes. Her is the site   http://diybaglover.blogspot.com/

 I have been working on Edyta Sitar from Laundry Basket Quilts Elegant Garden group of blocks .I have  5 done and 20 yes 20 more to do.Takes time but I do enjoy doing Hand Applique.I do needle turn usually sometimes back basting but I sometimes starch and press and then just  stitch the piece down.  I'm getting better at points but they still hard especially when the fabric is woven. The fabric just shreds so have to be more careful and keep more fabric  edge larger between  1/16th to 1/8 in to keep the fabric easier to turn. I love the way the woven fabrics look but they are definitely harder to work with. Here are the pics of the blocks I have done.
 



5 comments:

Chris H said...

I admire anyone who does hand applique! I use my machine.

Those blocks are STUNNING... ♥ love them.

www.somewhereinstitches.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Chris I learned from the best we have an amazing guild we just got 10.500.00 for our j
Japanese Garden quilt it was amazing In the Mennonite relief sale In Goshen Indiana.so many Mennonite gals and have published gals and they are so gifted blue ribbons at the county fairs etc.I'm so proud to be a part of that.I will post the quilt so you can see it I made 2 blocks for it one block had 40 leaves in a circle all hand applique .We had Edyta at a retreat for a trunk show.!!!!!

Marie said...

Your blocks are just beautiful. I have yet to tackle appliqué but I keep pinning ideas so I suspect it is on the horizon the start very soon - maybe a New Year's resolution... :)

Judy said...

Hi Debby! Your blocks are beautiful! I am still working on my Bonnie Hunter quilt, Tulip Fields. The blocks are done and I am now putting the top together. I will try to post some pics on my blog in a day or two. I wanted you to know that I have started a Facebook Group Page for the Maple Leaf Quilters. Just search Maple Leaf Quilters and ask to join and I will add you on. I set it up as a private group. I thought it would be another avenue for all of us to stay connected. I hope you are feeling well. We are preparing for winter and I am soooo in the mood to sew since it has cooled off. I plan to participate in Bonnie's new mystery quilt starting at the end of the month. Do you?

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh my gosh, they are gorgeous!! What an amazing talent you have! 20!!! girlfriend you had better get busy!

Carol