Translate

Monday, January 2, 2012

Shabby fabrics university & homemade Granola

I just posted but ran across this on the email i receive from Shabby Fabrics.She has beautiful stuff fabric and patterns. This is for her posting on you tube her tutorials. For everyone that does hand work I always like to watch someone doing this process. I always learn from the person no matter how much I  learned on my own or from others. she has  Kimono silk threads also I love using silk thread the best I need some more colors to complete my array of colors so maybe I will check out a few new ones. So go to Jennifer's youtube videos and check it out. I'm going to finish my Christmas stuff today. My son like Granola and I had a nice recipe which I searched my recipe files for it .I happened across it a week a go so I am making him some for Christmas goodies.I looked hi and low for it and I guess I filed it under something other than Breakfasts evidently . Go figure. but I have it now. I will post it in case someone likes this for their own use.

Granola
250-275 degrees for 45 min. stir every 15min 
makes 5 about 5 c cereal

3 c.  old fashioned Quaker oats
1/3 c.oil
1/2 c. honey
1 t almond extract
1/3 c. each of sunflower seeds,nuts,wheat germ
1 c .coconut
2 t.orange peel
you can add this or omit it 1/3c. Hearts of wheat Cereal.
 ( in another recipe they used 1/4 c.brown sugar instead of honey. and use 2T Butter and 1 T. water,)
 mix oil and honey and add to ingredients  and cook as indicated
Spread mixture in a 15x10x1 jellyroll pan. I grease it with butter or shortening Bake as indicated.   cool add 1 c. raisins

No comments: