Translate

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Video of the process of making Batik fabrics awesome !!!

I was loading the part 3 of the mystery quilt Grand illusion from Bonnie Hunters' site. She had a video of how they make Batik fabric in Bali...It's so cool and very labor intensive.The fabric is expensive .If it was made here  in the U.S.A. it would probably be twice the cost as it is now. Here is the link for the video so go check it out. Scroll down To VIDEO 2    http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-batik-factory-part-1.html.
Thanks Bonnie for clue 3  of Grand Illusion..and the video.....You have to scroll down and their first video isn't as long as the 2nd one. The 2nd is longer and the whole process of the dyeing and removing the wax.
 I am working on my Grand daughters quilts for Christmas and my little niece.  I am making lots of half square triangles for these little quilts.and hearts in the middle...I will post pictures when I am done but here are some of the blocks I have done except the hearts in the centers.....

1 comment:

Chris H said...

That is a gorgeous looking quilt, fresh and bright.